As you know, I like to eat great and healthy vegan stuff, but I’m also utterly lazy.
Therefore, this recipe for an all vegan- no bake- raw cheesecake is my go-to recipe for whenever I expect a holiday, appreciated guests, or just a wave of hormones that will make me want to eat literally everything.
And as I’m not a fan of keeping you reading for half an hour; here you go with the recipe:
Things you’ll need:
- a strong blender / food processor
- A cake pan
- A refrigerator
- About 2 cups of almonds or hazelnuts
- About 1 – 2 cups of dates (you might wanna prefer those with no pits)
- Some coconut oil
- 2 cups of cashews
- Some fresh vanilla
- A hint of turmeric
- 1 lemon / lime
- Shea butter
So let’s get started!
- First thing you do is, you put your cashews in a pot and fill some water in there (just enough to cover the cashews) and heat until they boil while you proceed. After you’ve let them cook for a few minutes, turn off the heat and let them soak until you need them.
- Put your almonds / hazelnuts into the blender and grind until you have a rough-textured flour.
- Add in the coconut oil and the dates – remove the pits if they have any! Now, blend it all until it becomes a lazy, thick matter. Be patient with your blender and give it a break every once in a while, if it’s not a high-performance food processor it has a lot of hard work to do.
- Take the batter and mush it into your cake pan – distribute it all equally until the ground of the pan is well covered, then build a bit of a wall around the edges. If you like, spread some melted coconut oil on the batter and make it even, to have a nice separation between the batter and the „cheese“.
- Take the pot with the cashews and let about 2/3 of the cooking water out, then put the whole thing into the blender. Add the vanilla, juice the lemon in there and the tiny bit of turmeric (for the color).
- Blend! Take all of the cream and fill your cake pan up. Even out the surface. Melt the Shea butter and pour it over the cream, then add the poppyseeds and spread the mix evenly on the surface.
- Done! Put the whole baby into the freezer for about 20 minutes (or into the fridge for about an hour) – and you’re ready for a vegan cake feast!